If you are a fan of MTV and want to activate it on your device or devices then this is your one-stop-shop. In this article, we are going to see how to activate MTV on Roku, Android, iOs, Amazon Fire Stick, and Apple TV.
Activate MTV on Roku, Android, iOs, Amazon Fire Stick, and Apple TV
MTV is one of the most common services and has a dedicated application on almost all platforms. But before using it, you need to activate it on the platform that you are trying to play it on.
So, let us activate MTV on the following devices.
- Activate MTV on Roku
- Activate MTV on Android TV
- Activate MTV on Android and iOS (Mobile Platforms)
- Activate MTV on Amazon Fire Stick
- Activate MTV on Apple TV
Let us talk about each of them in detail.
1] Activate MTV on Roku
If you want to watch MTV on Roku, you need to follow the given steps.
- Turn on both your TV and Roku.
- Press on the home button of Roku.
- Now, search “MTV”.
- Then Roku to the list of channels by clicking Add Channel.
- When you open the application, you will be redirected to the activation page. You will see a code that you need to copy.
- Then open a browser on your phone or computer and go to mtv.com/activate.
- Now, paste the code that you have copied and click Continue.
- It will take a few minutes and MTV will be activated on your Roku.
Roku is just one device, there are a lot of other devices on which we will be activating MTV on. So, continue reading.
2] Active MTV on Android TV
Activating MTV on an Android TV is quite easy. You just need to follow the given steps and you will be good to go.
- Open Google Play Store on your TV.
- Search for MTV and install it on your device.
- Now, open the application to fetch the activation code.
- Then navigate to mtv.com/activate on a browser to paste the code.
- Finally, click Continue and wait for some time as your code is verified.
Once, it is verified, you will be good to go to use MTV on your Android TV.
3] Activate MTV on Android and iOS (Mobile Platforms)
If you want to use MTV on your mobile or tablet, running Android or iOS this section is for you. Follow the given steps and you will be good to go.
Note: There are some geological restrictions. Therefore, MTV app might not be available in your region.
- Download MTV on Android from Play Store and on iOS from App Store.
- After downloading the app, you can just enter credentials and you will be good to go.
Here, there is no need for you to activate using any other browser
4] Activate MTV on Amazon Fire Stick
Using MTV on Amazon Fire Stick is almost as same as some other TV platforms, such as Roku or Android. You need to download the application and activate your channel. We have made it easier by giving you a detailed guide.
To activate MTV on your Fire Stick, you need to follow the given steps.
- Go to the Apps tab from the top of the screen.
- Look for MTV and download the application on your device.
- After downloading, you will be given an activation code.
- You need to go to the official website of MTV, i.e; mtv.com/activate on your browser, paste the code, and click continue.
This will verify your code and activate your account. As simple as it gets.
5] Activate MTV on Apple TV
Finally, we have one of the most famous devices of all time, created by one of the most famous companies, Apple. Apple TV is similar to the other TV platforms that we have discussed. Therefore, activating MTV is also the same. Go through the prescribed steps to do the same.
- Download MTV from App Store on your Apple TV.
- Then open the application to get the activation code.
- Go to mtv.com/activate on your browser, type the activation code that you have and click Continue.
You are good to go.
Is the MTV app free?
On most platforms, the MTV application is free on their respective app store. However, in order to watch the content, you need to purchase the subscriptions. So, you can download the application on your devices, such as your TV, Phone, or Tablet, but will not be able to use the service. Long story short, the MTV app is free, but MTV is paid.
Can You watch MTV without a TV provider subscription?
There is no legal way to watch MTV without a subscription. You can get a trial version, if you want to check the content, you need to buy the subscription in order to continue watching the service. However, you can also get yourself some other services that have MTV integrated, such as Amazon Prime Videos and Hulu.
Read Next: Fix YouTube not working on Roku.