Sometimes when you are browsing on Google Chrome, you may come across an issue where the websites do not open. This issue may be a result of internet access being blocked by Google Chrome. And you may get an ERR_NETWORK_ACESS_DENIED error. Read on to know what are the possible causes of issues where your internet access is blocked by Google Chrome in Windows 11/10.
Why is my Internet access blocked on Google Chrome?
Getting an error while working on Google Chrome can be frustrating. Here are a few reasons why you may be getting it.
- Using the internet in a restricted area: If you are using the internet at your workplace, any public place, or any educational institute, there may be restrictions on the access of certain websites. To get access, you may have to contact the authorities.
- Malware attack: This is yet another common cause of internet access being blocked by Google Chrome and getting the error. Malware, spyware or certain types of virus attacks that take place via a malicious file may change the network and browser settings. Due to these changes, you may get the Your internet access is blocked error.
- The issue with network driver: Sometimes an issue with the Network driver may block internet access on Google Chrome.
- Firewall: Most of the antivirus programs have an in-built firewall utility. These firewalls block internet access if the program detects any suspicious files or websites.
Fix Internet Access is Blocked in Chrome
Now that you know what may have caused the issue of Internet Access is Blocked in Chrome, along with the error, read further to know the solutions to fix this issue.
There are several ways to fix this error. Here are some solutions that are Chrome specific:
- Clear the cache
- Disable third-party extensions
- Delete Chrome profile
- Change the Firewall settings
- Reset Chrome.
1] Clear the Cache:
The solution can be as simple as clearing the cache of your Google Chrome browser. Some browser history and cookies hinder the website’s IP address and this causes the internet access to block.
To do so, press Ctrl + H to open the browsing history tab. Now click on Clear browsing data.
Select the time range as ‘All time’. Check all three options of clearing the browsing history, Cookies and Cache. Now click on Clear data.
This solution may resolve the issue of Internet Access is Blocked in Chrome.
2] Disable third-party extensions:
Sometimes certain extensions trigger the firewall to block the websites. Hence, in turn, the firewall blocks your internet access. It is advisable to disable all the unwanted extensions from your Google Chrome browser.
To avoid the error, click the three ellipses in the upper right corner of Chrome. Go to More tools, and select Extensions.
You will see all the extensions installed on your Google Chrome. Click Remove button for the extensions you don’t require.
3] Delete Chrome profile:
At times, deleting the Chrome profile helps in fixing the error.
There are two ways to delete the Chrome profile:
You can end the chrome.exe task from the Task Manager.
Rebooting your PC can also delete the Chrome profile. For this, follow the next steps after the PC is restarted:
1] Press Windows key + R to open Run
2] Type the following in the textbox and hit Enter:
When the file explorer opens, search for Default and rename it as default.old.
4] Change the Firewall settings:
In case, the firewall is blocking Google Chrome’s access to the internet. Change the settings for the Firewall so that it lets Google Chrome open the website.
5] Reset Chrome:
We often make changes in the settings of browsers that suit our requirements. Some of these changes in Chrome settings may cause the error of internet access being blocked. Hence, resetting your Chrome browser may fix the issue.
To reset Chrome, click on the 3 ellipses in the upper right corner of your browser windows and now click on Settings.
This will open the Chrome settings window. Go to Advanced and click on it to open the drop down menu.
Now click on Reset and clean up option. Now click on the triangle next to Restore settings to their original defaults. This will open a pop-up window asking Reset settings? Click on the Reset settings tab to reset your Chrome browser settings.
Now refresh your browser and check if the issue of Internet Access is Blocked in Chrome is resolved.
More suggestions here: Windows cannot connect to the Internet – Connectivity issues.
Hope this helps.