Some PC customers have reported that after they attempt to run some duties created with Job Scheduler on their Home windows 11 or Home windows 10 pc, they get the error immediate with the message Job Scheduler service just isn’t out there. This publish gives probably the most relevant options to this problem.
Job Scheduler service just isn’t out there. Job Scheduler will try to reconnect to it.
Job Scheduler service just isn’t out there
For those who get the Job Scheduler service just isn’t out there while you attempt to run some duties in your Home windows 11/10 system, you’ll be able to attempt our really helpful fixes under in no specific order and see what works for you in resolving the difficulty in your gadget.
- Preliminary guidelines
- Manually begin Job Scheduler service
- Change the Job Situations
- Create or modify Begin registry key worth for Job Scheduler
- Examine for and delete corrupted Duties
- Carry out Reset This PC, Cloud Reinstall or In-place Improve Restore Home windows
Let’s have a fast take a look at the outline of the listed options.
1] Preliminary guidelines
Some PC customers reported they encountered this problem after putting in a brand new replace for Home windows 11/10. So, if this case state of affairs applies to you, earlier than you proceed with the fixes under, as a attainable fast decision, you’ll be able to run SFC scan to repair any system file which may have been corrupted because of the ‘buggy’ replace. It’s also possible to contemplate uninstalling the replace in your gadget, or carry out System Restore and choose a restore level earlier than putting in the replace. Alternatively, in case your PC just isn’t operating the most recent model/construct, see if updating your system resolves the difficulty for you.
2] Manually begin Job Scheduler service
We begin off with the obvious resolution to the Job Scheduler service just isn’t out there, which is to manually begin the Job Scheduler service. To carry out this job, be sure to’re logged in as an administrator in your Home windows 11/10 PC.
To manually begin the Job Scheduler service, do the next:
- Press Home windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- Within the Run dialog field, sort providers.msc and hit Enter to open Providers.
- Within the Providers window, scroll and find the Job Scheduler service.
- Double-click on the entry to edit its properties.
- Within the properties window, click on the drop-down on the Startup sort and choose Computerized.
- Subsequent, ensure the service is began by clicking the Begin button if not greyed out.
- Click on Apply > OK to avoid wasting modifications.
- Restart PC.
Now, see in the event you can run the duty efficiently. If not, attempt the following resolution.
3] Change the Job Situations
Some affected PC customers reported that by altering the situations of the duty they’re making an attempt to run, they had been in a position to resolve the difficulty.
Do the next:
- Press Home windows key + R keys to invoke the Run dialog.
- Within the Run dialog field, sort taskschd.msc and hit Enter to open Job Scheduler.
- Within the left pane of Job Scheduler, broaden the Job Scheduler Library.
- Now, choose the folder that comprises the duty triggering the error.
- Within the center pane of the opened folder, right-click the duty and choose Properties.
- On the duty Properties window, click on Situations tab.
- Now, beneath the Community part, ensure to pick out the Begin provided that the next community connection is offered possibility.
- Subsequent, from the drop-down situated under to the above settings, choose Any connection.
- Click on OK.to avoid wasting modifications.
- Exit Job Scheduler.
- Reboot PC.
On boot test if the difficulty in spotlight is resolved. If not, ensure to uncheck the above setting, after which proceed with the following resolution.
4] Create or modify Begin registry key worth for Job Scheduler
Begin is a sort REG_DWORD which specifies how a selected service is loaded or began; on this case Job Scheduler service. If the service is a Win32 service, the worth of Begin have to be 2, 3, or 4. This worth entry just isn’t used for community adapters.
This resolution requires you to create or modify the Begin registry key worth for Job Scheduler service. To carry out this job, do the next:
Since it is a registry operation, it is strongly recommended that you just again up the registry or create a system restore level as needed precautionary measures. As soon as completed, you’ll be able to proceed as follows:
- On the location, on the fitting pane, double-click the Begin entry to edit its properties.
If the bottom line is not current, right-click on the clean house on the fitting pane after which choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Worth to create the registry key after which rename the important thing accordingly and hit Enter.
- Double-click on the brand new entry to edit its properties.
- Enter 2 within the Value knowledge area.
- Click on OK or hit Enter to avoid wasting the change.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart your PC.
On boot test in the event you can run the duty with out points. In any other case, proceed with the following resolution.
5] Examine for and delete corrupted Duties
There are Third-party duties which may get corrupted, therefore the difficulty you’re at the moment going through. On this case, you want to determine, then rename or delete the offender job. To carry out this job which requires you make modifications to the registry, we suggest you first again up the registry or create a system restore level in case one thing goes unsuitable.
To test for and rename or delete corrupted Job within the Home windows Registry, do the next:
- Open Registry Editor.
- Navigate or soar to the registry key path under:
- On the location, on the left pane, right-click on Tree Key and rename it to Tree.previous.
Now, open Job Scheduler and run the duty to see if the error persists or not. If the error isn’t triggered, it means an entry beneath Tree key’s corrupted and you want to determine and delete the entry.
- Once more rename Tree.previous again to Tree and broaden this registry key.
- Beneath Tree registry key, suffix every key with .previous and every time you rename a selected key run your job in Job Scheduler and see if the error is triggered.
- Repeat till the error message doesn’t seem.
- Now delete these entries inflicting the Job Scheduler error.
- As soon as completed, exit Registry Editor and restart your PC.
The difficulty ought to now be resolved. If not, you’ll be able to attempt the following resolution.
6] Carry out Reset This PC, Cloud Reinstall or In-place Improve Restore Home windows
Extreme system file corruption or dangerous Home windows picture could possibly be the offender right here. So, if nothing has labored to date up so far, you’ll be able to attempt Reset This PC, or Cloud Reinstall to reset each Home windows part. If neither process labored to resolve the difficulty in hand, you may additionally attempt In-place Improve Restore and see if that helps.
Any of those options ought to be just right for you!
Associated publish: Job Scheduler not operating or beginning applications in Home windows 11/10
How do you repair Job Scheduler began after which stopped?
Kind Providers.msc in Begin Search, open the Providers console, after which scroll all the way down to Job Scheduler service, click on on the service, and ensure the service is Operating and Set to Computerized. Click on the Dependencies tab, ensure these providers are operating too.
How do I add a service to Job Scheduler?
Open Job Scheduler. In the fitting column window click on on Create Job. Within the Common tab, sort a reputation for the service. Allow the Run whether or not consumer is logged on or not and Run with highest privileges choices.