OnePlus is pushing Android April 2021 security updates to the OnePlus 8 series and 8T. The new security update is being rolled out through OxygenOS Open Betas. The OnePlus 8 series is getting the OxygenOS OS Open Beta 9, while the OnePlus 8T is getting OxygenOS Open Beta 3. The Open Betas also offer general bug fixes and performance improvements. You can read the full official changelog below.
- Fixed the issue that some app’s fonts are displayed abnormally after setting customized fonts
- Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar cannot be pulled down
- Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar does not display app icons
- Fixed the issue that the missed calls are not displayed in the notification bar
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
- Updated Android security patch to 202104
- Fixed the small probability issue that the previewed photos are flickering under the photo mode
- Fixed the abnormal display with the calculator under the split-screen
- Ambient Display
- Fixed the issue that the contextual information of AOD is not updated timely
- Fixed the issue that the ambient display is switched to Canvas after the device owner is changed
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Hebrew
- OnePlus Games
- Newly added the Data Monitor feature, you can find it in the Game Toolbox and monitor the FPS/CPU/GPU changes in real-time
- Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures
For those not aware, OxygenOS Open Beta builds give you access to features that are not public yet, so you can get access to many new features before the majority of the OnePlus users. However, these are not stable builds, meaning you’re likely to face a couple of issues while using your phone. And if you’re fine with that, you can join the OxygenOS Open Beta Program anytime and install the Open Beta 8 update.
Before you proceed, don’t forget to back up your OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro / 8T and make sure that the battery level is above 30%. Also, 3GB of available storage space is required for the update process to be smooth.
You can now go to the Settings > System > System updates to install the latest OxygenOS 11 Open Beta update.